NX Slider Windows plugin for MODO
Create compelling ‘box sash’ and ‘horizontal slider’ window geometry for use with your 3D buildings (arch-viz, digital set extensions, games, etc., ...) using this professional plugin for modo. Then, add an extra degree of realism using the included 3D window furniture models (handles, pulls and vents).
NX Slider Windows were designed to be easy to use and their underlying procedural nature makes them highly adjustable; for example, you can easily make sliding patio doors with the Horizontal Slider Tool by changing the values of a few attributes.
Artist Friendly: Windows The Way You Want Them
These tools empower you by providing an enormous amount of creative control over the appearance of the windows (we encourage to read about the wealth of attributes that each tool provides.)
However, with great power there must also come -- great usability. Wait. What? Yes, these tools have been designed with you, the artist, in mind; for example,
- Easy selection and texturing - polygon part names and UVs are automatically generated.
- Reduce visual clutter - the user interface for each tool is divided into logical sections, which can be individually collapsed.
- Reduce editing time - the glass panes can be created in different ways to meet the requirements of your favourite render engine.
- Detail where it matters - apply extra detail (e.g. chamfers) just where you need it and view the changes on enlarged (10x) profiles in the 3d view.
Box Sash Tool
Horizontal Slider Tool
Window Furniture Models
- Updates for minor feature additions and bug fixes.
- Online user guide
- Customer support via email (direct to the developer)..
These professional tools are build using ‘nGen’, a proprietary C++ codebase developed for the task of creating complex 3d tools; think of it as the back-end of a very small 3d application. Hence, everything you see generated including the procedurally built geometry, parameterized profiles, UV generation, dimension lines, etc., is all done within ‘nGen’ and then converted to a MODO® mesh. This allows for the independent development of complex tools that are DCC application agnostic and, therefore, not limited by the host application's built-in tool functionality.
The tools support only modo’s (default) Y-up world axis. Of course, they will still work under other up-axis orientations, albeit the geometry will be aligned along the X and Y axes. We will add support for other up-axis orientations if there’s demand for it.
Geometry is constructed at the origin. Once created we suggest that you use locators to move and rotate the windows to the desired position (see tricks and tips section).
- This plugin requires a genuine copy of MODO® 10/11/12 series to be installed.
- Supported operating systems (64-bit only): Windows 8.1+, Windows10 or macOS 10.10+.
What about Linux? We have included a Linux version of the C++ plugin with the kit. It’s not listed as ‘supported’ because so far it has only been tested with Arch Linux and not with modo’s officially supported distros (e.g. CentOS 7+).
An internet connection is required to access the user manual.
A single-user license ("single seat") for NX Slider Windows is currently available for the introductory price of £49* (excl. VAT). Buy Now from Gumroad
*Regular price is £55 (+VAT where applicable; e.g. Europe)