Before using this kit for the first time, please read the install guide below.
How To Use
Installing the MODO Kit
Installing the kit is as simple as copying one folder to your modo user scripts folder.
Four versions of the kit are included (modo 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 series); If you actively use all supported versions of modo, then it is safe to copy all kit folders to your User Scripts directory.
Please follow the step-by-step Instructions below,
- Download and unzip the plugin files.
- Open modo and from the main menu, select System > Open User Scripts Folder to open modo's 'User Scripts' folder.
- Remove previous nx_FirstLight... kit folders, if any exist.
- From the files you download,
Copy the ‘nx_FirstLight_...’ folder for the version of modo that you are using to the modo User Script folder
The characters at the end of the folder names indicate the version of modo they are made for; e.g. a folder name ending '_m10' is for modo 10 series.
Please note: You only need to copy the folders for the version of modo that you're using, which is denoted by the suffix (at the end of the folder name); e.g.
- For modo 10: nx_FirstLight_m10
- For modo 11: nx_FirstLight_m11
- For modo 12: nx_FirstLight_m12
- For modo 13: nx_FirstLight_m13
- For modo 14: nx_FirstLight_m14
- For modo 15: nx_FirstLight_m15
How do I access the First Light kit in modo?
Click on the Basic tab in the Model Toolbar panel. The kit UI is launched using the First Light Kit button at the bottom of the Basic tab, below the ’Add Geometry’ section.
The Model Toolbar is found under the Modo layout in modo 14 and Model layout in earlier versions of modo. You can also open the Model Toolbar using the keyboard shortcut F2.
Tool Properties: When a tool is active,
- For MODO 10-13, the tool properties panel is below the tools panel on the left-hand side of the UI.
- From MODO 14 onwards, use the 'K' keyboard shortcut to bring up the tool properties panel.
Can I put the kit folders in another location?
Yes. If have added an
Help, I cannot see the kits in the UI?
If you cannot see the UI for the kits (see image to right) in the user interface after restarting modo, then it's likely that either,
- You have placed the kit folders in the wrong directory (i.e. a folder that is not scanned by modo on start-up); or
- The version of the kits that you have is not compatible with the version of modo you are using. Check if your current modo version is compatible with the version of the plugin that your using,
- Folder name ending ‘_m10’ is for modo 10 series,
- Folder name ending ‘_m11’ is for modo 11 series,
- Folder name ending ‘_m12’ is for modo 12 series,
- Folder name ending ‘_m13’ is for modo 13 series.
- Folder name ending ‘_m14’ is for modo 14 series.
- Folder name ending ‘_m15’ is for modo 15 series.
How do I upgrade to a newer version of the kits?
Follow the step-by-step install instructions as shown above ensuring that you delete the old kit folder (e.g. nx_FirstLight_m10) from your modo User Scripts prior to copying the new ones across to your User Scripts folder.
Important: Things to Avoid
There are a few things that you should not do when installing or using this plugin. If you choose to ignore these instructions, then you do so at your own risk. Please do not
- Remove any files from the ‘nx_FirstLight_xxx’ folders; or
- Rename or otherwise change any of the files in the ‘nx_FirstLight_xxx’ folders; or
- Alter any of the kits user interfaces or forms. Doing so will bake changes into your main modo config and will cause issues with future updates; or
- Do not use “File > Add Plug-in...” when adding the kit.