- Precise placement of specular light reflections relative to the render camera;
- Rotation of light reflections;
- Adjusting the distance of light to the surface;
Interatively place highlights (reflections from a light) precisely where you need them by clicking on- and moving across- polygon surfaces in your scene.
To activate this tool,
- Select a single light.
- Left-click on the Place Hightlight button in the First Light UI.
To use this tool,
- Left-click or left-click+drag on a polygon surface in the 3d view to begin highlight placement; or
- Right-click in the 3d view to ativate the tool without affecting the light's orientation.
Right-click activation is useful for adjusting a light's distance to the surface and rotation without affecting its facing. After a left-click is made on a polygon surface, highlight placement will commence as normal.
- Right-click + Haul: Controls the distance of the light from the surface.
- Move Handle: Controls the distance of the light from the surface.
- Rotate Handle: Controls the rotation of the light around its facing axis.
User Interface (UI)
Mesh Filter By
Set which mesh items are considered during highlight placement. Choose,
- Visible: All mesh items that are visible, both active and inactive.
- Selected: Only selected mesh items.
Dist To Surface
Set the distance of the light from the polygon surface. This can also be set using the move handle at the rear of the light.
Set the amount of rotation around the light facing. This can also be set using the rotation handle at the rear of the light.