Light: Create At Poly
- Creating modo lights aligned to surfaces; e.g. downlights, lamps, etc.
- Concept art; e.g. placing point lights to simulate distant light sources.
Creates a light at the centre of each selected polygon facing out along its normal. This is handy for adding modo lights to your light geometry; e.g. downlights, and for use in concept art; e.g. create point lights across the surface of a distant space station.
- Works with upto 100 selected polygons at once.
- Offset lights from the surface.
- Supports use of instances.
- Places all lights inside a group locator, to keep the item list tidy.
To use this command,
- Select one or more polygons; Max. 100.
- Left-click on the 'Create At Poly' button in the Arch-E UI.
- Choose your light type, instance and offset options in the pop-up UI.
- Left-click 'Create Lights'
User Interface (UI)
Choose one of the supported light types,
When enabled, each time this command is run, the first light will be a standard light item and subsequent lights will be instances of it. When disabled, all lights will be standard light items.
Move Along Normal
Offset the position of all lights, along their facing normals, by this distance from the polygon surface.
Runs this plugin; Adds a light for each selected polygon.